Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Latest Projects



Baby Kimono by Kristin Spurkland
Interweave Knits Summer 2005
Claudia Hand Paints Fingering Wt. - Freesia
US#3

God, I love this yarn! It's the next thing to cashmere and the colorway is perfect for a little girl. I wouldn't ordinarily make a baby gift out of hand wash only yarn (I know it says machine wash delicate but I don't trust it) but since it's outerwear (and so incredibly beautiful) I made an exception. I'll include a bottle of Eucalan with it when I give it to Heidi. With proper care, her daughter should be able to use it for her own daughter someday. Isn't that a nice thought?



Feather and Fan Scarf (I don't have the pattern with me so I'm not sure who to credit)
Claudia Hand Paints Fingering Wt. - Blue Terra Cotta
US#7

I love the way the colors are working out. Isn't it interesting? Even boring garter stitch is made a little interesting by some exciting color changes.

I'm still trying to decide on my nest lace project. I'm considering Kiri by All Tangled Up, Mountain Peaks and Seraphim Shawl by Miriam Felton, or Leda's Dream by Melanie (Pink Lemon Twist). What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the baby kimono! It looks fabulous in that yarn. As for your next lace project, I think Leda's Dream is gorgeous. I have only completed a few lace projects so I am still learning how to judge their difficulty, but as for beauty, that one is a real winner.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.