Friday, May 12, 2006

Maiden Voyage

This is my first post on this blog. I have been knitting for about 3 years. Everything I knit is at least 10% cat hair.

I went to Susan's (Y2Knit) after work yesterday and bought some great yarn to make Variations on a Frill by Sivia Harding. I chose South West Trading Company's Bamboo in Drake. I hope it drapes and blocks ok. I started last night but had to rip a couple rows out this morning because when I put it down and picked it back up last night I inadvertantly turned it inside out on the circular. That's the first time I've ever done that and will be self conscious about it now I'm sure.

I also picked up some yarn to make a coworker a pair of socks. It's Trekking XXL and I've used it before. He said it liked the color so I hope to get started soon. I like to have several projects going a once so I can match the project to my mood and/or location. Susan didn't have enough of the Meditation, lavender scented yarn to make the Oakely shawl so I will have to wait until she gets more in to start that project. I love the smell of lavender so much, it will be a joy to knit with that yarn. Speaking of scents, I need to reschedule our aromatherapy session with Karen at Omnessence. I really think there might be something to that. I told my husband and he was receptive to it. It's like I said, even if it doesn't offer any tangible results at least we'll smell good.

Topics: scarves, y2knit, socks

No comments: