Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The New Sock Goes to the Eisenhower Farm

I took the partially finished sock on a bus trip yesterday. We went to the Eisenhower Farm at Gettysburg, PA. My hubby tried to take a photo of the sock on location but I forgot to bring the freshly charged batteries with us and the ones in the camera died as soon as we turned it on. In lieu of a location shot, I'm posing the sock (completed last night) with the really cool pin I got at the book shop. I know you're thinking that Ike was a five star general and the photo only shows three but the stars spin around and there are five of them.

I worked on the sock on the bus, on the grounds of the farm, and at the Gettysburg Visitor's Center. I finished it up last night after we got home. While we were touring the Eisenhower farm I noticed that the Docent had her knitting laying on a table by the door.

The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Serengeti that I got from The Loopy Ewe and I'm using Knit Picks US#0 - 6 inch double points. I've found that I work much faster using double points than 2 circs. I started this sock late Friday night and finished Tuesday night. That's got to be a personal best. I'll be starting the second sock tonight. The leg is made over a pattern called Falling Leaves by Jessica Landers at Knitty.com and the foot is Wendy's Toe Up Sock. Thanks, Ladies!

No comments: