Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My first time at MD Sheep & Wool

My first ever trip to the Maryland Sheep & Wool is over and now it's time to talk about what (and who) I saw and what I purchased. A group of us from Hagerstown formed a caravan and got there around 8:40am on Saturday morning. Janice, who rode with me, and I spent most of the day together. We got along great together because we both like to spend obscene amounts of money on yarn.

Who I saw: Carry from KnitWit: Rantings of a Rabid Knitter, my favorite podcast! She said that she would have a big sunflower in her basket and when I saw that flower walk by I yelled "Carry!". She came over and talked for a while. It was so great to meet her. I apologize for the blurry photo. I took it in the Mannings booth and we were both being joustled a bit. You can see the stem of the sunflower sticking out of her basket. What a great idea! I might have found some of my blogging buddies if I had carried something distinctive like that.


There were also plenty of sheep:

There were sheep sleeping:


Sheep getting gussied up for the judges:


Sheep standing on the rails of their pens trying to get a better view of the activities:


And pretty sheep just standing in the morning sun:


Tomorrow: photos of my aquisitions!

No comments: