Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Finished Object

I finished the Shell Beach Shawl on Sunday. My friend and co-worker Karen modeled it so that I could take some pics.



Here is a closeup of the corner with the tassel:



Here is a closeup of the body of the shawl:



This was a delightful project. The yarn was yummy and fun to work with. God, the colors are so beautiful. The pattern was quick and easy and really shows off the yarn. Here are the stats:

Pattern: Shell Beach Shawl by Dawn Leeseman
Pattern available at: Y2Knit
Yarn: Blue Heron Yarns, 89% silk/12% rayon twist in Tulip
Started: August 5, 2006
Finished: August 13, 2006

I will probably make more of these, perhaps from Schaefer Yarn. Susan at Y2Knit has some lovely Laurel cottons in right now. I especially like the Shari Lewis and Empress Wu Zhao. I see that all the colors are available in a 100% cultivated silk lace weight called Andrea. Hummm, (sound of gears and wheels spinning)...

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi!!
I was surfing and saw your blog about the Shell Beach Shawl. It looks great!!!!
It was one of my first professional designs, so it is nice to know that it still has appeal.
Happy Knitting, Dawn Leeseman

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Dawn,
Thanks for the kind words. I have worn that shawl so many times now that it feels like a hug from an old friend every time I put it on. Thanks for such a lovely design.