Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Finally...an Update

Wow, it's been a while since I posted. Let's start with a report on Stitches East. This was my first yarn show. I was totally overwhelmed. I was invited by Susan from Y2Knit to help out in her booth while she and her sister/partner taught a class. I took Doug along with me because I wanted to share the experience with him. He seemed genuinely interested in the yarns. We got there before it officially opened and the first booth I came to was Blue Moon Fibers. Socks That Rock were at the top of my wish list so I bought 4 skeins of lightweigh sock yarn.

Left to right they are: Jail House Rock (my fav), Sherbet, Watermelon Tourmaline, and Fairgrounds.

This is my first STR and I can't stop admiring it. I don't know what I'm going to make out them yet. They seem too pretty for socks. Any suggestions?

I wanted one of each color plus some of the other yarns at the booth but I was on a limited budget so I stopped at four. Then Doug found the Saratogoa Llamas booth. Linda was very nice and showed us a photo album of the llamas. She takes them to schools and puts on a funny show.

Doug bought a skein spun from the fleece of ATM for a hat. I haven't closed the top because I had a good bit of yarn left and thought I might rip the whole thing out and make it a little bigger. Doug has a large head and the hat fits but it could be a little looser.

Here's the rest of my plunder. Left to right: two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Superwash in Sand Ridge, Lisa Souza Sock! Superwash in South Pacific, two skeins of Koigu Painter's Pallete P823162, and finally Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 (what does that mean?).

The Fleece Artist doesn't have a color name, number, or dyelot. Is that normal?

Here's a closeup of the Koigu. I wasn't expecting to find any Koigu there because I'm always reading about how hard it is to come by. I didn't have it on my list but as I was wandering around looking for sock yarn there it was. Dozens of skeins.

I didn't find any Cherry Tree Hill or All Things Heather. It may have been there but I missed it. I suppose I will have to order it from the Loopy Ewe.

Meanwhile the sock for my coworker, Harold is progressing but I fear it may be too long in the foot.
I am using The Boyfriend Socks pattern from the Slipped Stitich with Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock Pattern.

I'll have to get him to try them on soon. I'm using size 0(US) needles (for the first time) and I'll have to say they really work well with the Trekking XXL.


No comments: